There for every step

Coach Richardson watches her team grow since their 8th-grade year

A seemingly normal team has something no other team has, a bond that has grown over the past five years and has turned into a big family. Seeing athletes grow and reach their full potential is something every coach wants to see, but Coach Michelle Richardson saw and lived through it. She met a group of talented young ladies in their 8th-grade year and had no idea what would come of it.

“My 8th-grade class has had the pleasure of being coached by Richardson for five years,” Theresa Gaetz said. “We’ve made a bond with Coach that is inseparable.”

Richardson moved to their junior high school in their 8th-grade year and has been by their side ever since. The team shows how much they love her and just how close they’ve gotten.

“We instantly love her–she’s hard on us and made us run a lot,” Livie Fisher said. “But she was also really funny and would tell us stories.”

To the team, it’s not just a game. It’s a family working hard to win and most importantly have fun. Richardson set this mindset for these girls and turned their team into the family they are.

“She (Richardson) doesn’t only care about the game,” Callia James said. “She cares about each individual and makes a safe place for everyone. We are a family because of her.”