Fun for the holidays

Looking for fun stuff to do over the break? Here are a few ideas
Spring light park
The light park in spring!

As the holidays come close, many families are seeking out fun, family-friendly, activities to do during this long break. With Christmas break coming through, several events are opening up, so join your friends and family, get some hot cocoa, and adventure with these fun events!

Alley Theater Christmas Production 

The yearly production of The Christmas Carol presented by the Alley Theater every year with commonly similar casts is a family fun adventure for all. The play represents the classic story of the well-known (and hated) Mr. Scrooge and the three ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future. He must go through each of their various obstacles and his own mind to finally escape the horror of these ghosts and learn the true meaning of Christmas.

The production begins Nov. 17 and ends Dec. 30. Tickets are sold on the Alley Theater website with performance times varying from 1:30 to 8:00 p.m. Strobe lights will be used for those sensitive to light. Young guests under the age of six will not be permitted into the theater due to the slightly scary effects of the show and the long duration of the performance.

Ice Skating at Houston Discovery Green 

Ice skating at the Discovery Green rink is available to all ages most commonly from the times of 5-10 p.m. Any interested party may bring their family, friends, and many more. Discovery Green represents a wonderful opportunity to learn a new skill, enjoy fun food, and celebrate the Christmas Spirit.

Tickets must be purchased online before entering as a way to make the skating process easier for employees. As Tomball High School is heading into a two-week break, their opportunity for Cheap Skate Mondays is available for the taking. Instead of paying the price of $17, Mondays are reduced to $8. Regardless of the day a person chooses to attend, participating is a wonderful and sought-after experience by many to experience true Christmas joy.

Houston Symphony Holly Jolly Holiday 

While most orchestra concerts are solely featured for an older audience, the Holly Jolly Holiday performance is available to kids as well. The Houston Symphony even directs it toward them as they perform Christmas classics such as “Santa Clause is Coming to Town”. This year songs will be presented by a star from Hamilton, Mandy Gonzalez, all conducted by Lucas Waldin.

The concert will be presented twice on the same day, Saturday, Dec 23. from the times of 10:00 and 11:30 a.m. There they have free hot chocolate, a Christmas carol sing-along, and a chance to visit Santa Claus.

Spring Light Park

The Spring Light Park is open from Nov.3 to Jan.1 for a drive-through light show with various music and themes. Tickets cost between $39 to $50 depending on the amount of time left between purchasing and arrival. There the lights will be running and showing off various tricks based on the music displayed.

Food and drink are available with purchase, and pets are allowed as well as long as they stay in the vehicle. Because of the large attraction that this event holds, tickets will sell out quickly and traffic will be present. As a solution to this, Spring Light Park offers a “dasher pass” as a way to get through quickly and have an enjoyable time.

Looking for a free options to see lights? Check out the Prestonwood Forest neighborhood, just up 249 at Prestonwood Forest Drive. The entire neighborhood decks out, with each street carrying a theme.