September events: What to expect from THS

Charlotte Hildebrandt
September is here!

September is starting, and a few exciting occurrences are coming around. THS is just starting up its school year again and with that comes new events.

Level Change dates

For any students who are participating in AP, DC, and TAP classes and are unable to perform to the best of their ability, level change dates are available. It is advised that those considering leveling down would apply for level changes as soon as possible. This is because many will apply for these changing dates and there is a complicated process behind it.

If they change they have to complete several steps, which are:

• Students apply through the QR code
  • Counselors must accept admission
  • Parents sign off and allow their child to level down
  • Counselors change schedules.

“Fill the forms and QR code out early,” said Mrs. Cooley, “Don’t wait until the last minute because then it will be harder for student’s forms to be revised and completed.”

However, there is still no guarantee that these will be filled in time due to the large amount of applications every year. Many teachers advise students to wait until September 25-29 (the second change date) to see if they are still willing to change in case they can see their full progress in the class.

The available change dates are:

• September 4-8
  • September 25-29
  • December  18- January 12

You Can’t Take It With You 

You Can’t Take It With You features an eccentric family filled with weird quirks, and a seemingly normal family coming together with their two oldest children at the center of it all. Two star-crossed lovers must find their way through the differences of their family. Will they make it? Or will their love fall through?

The show is featured in the auditorium on Sept. 14, 15, 16, and 19th at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are already on their way to being sold out so purchase them soon on the Tomball Stage website. Tickets are $10 online and must be purchased two hours before arrival and tickets purchased on-site are $12.

“It was really fun to learn and grow as someone in tech and an actor,” said Stage Officer Pearl Robertson, “I’m really looking forward to further productions and getting to meet all those who will participate in theater in the future.”

Start of Fall

This month fall is starting and there are several fall activities that may be done with friends or family to make this season more enjoyable. Actions such as going to a pumpkin patch, baking fall recipes, camping, going to the library, etc. are fun and exciting to all. Many of these attractions may be found around Old Town Tomball or the areas surrounding it.

Alongside this also comes the long-awaited drop in temperatures. Because of this many enjoy going fall shopping in locations like local thrift stores of the Woodlands Mall. This also allows for more time to be spent outside, this may be as simple as going to a local park or gardening in your backyard. Regardless, with fall comes many more exciting opportunities that many can await for this coming season.

Homecoming

The theme for homecoming has just been announced as ‘Enchanted Forest’ so bring your earthy outfits and be prepared for a night of fun! This year the dance is featured in the lower lobby from 8:00-11:00 p.m. Those going by themselves must purchase a $35 ticket and those wanting to go on a date must purchase their ticket for $50. The dance is on Sept. 30.

Several other featured events come with homecoming every year. There is a homecoming dress drive where anyone willing to participate can donate their dresses and accessories for no cost. Donations began Aug. 29 and end Sept. 11.