Who’s new in the Coogs’ House?

ROTC program welcomes new Master Chief
Livie Fisher
Master Chief Corey Seymour joins the THS ROTC program.

Master Chief Corey Seymor is the new JROTC teacher, coming from a Navy background with a passion for physical fitness and enthusiasm to foster well rounded students. He is an experienced educator and a devoted coach with a mission to instill a sense of discipline, teamwork and resilience among students.

He was previously teaching at Magnolia and coaching the drill teams and raider team, which he calls “an obstacle course racing team that develops overall fitness to produce better athletes as well as strong Esprit De Corps.” 

“The Raider Team is not just about competition; it’s about building character, camaraderie, and fostering a spirit of excellence,” Seymour said.  “Our current generation of students needs to engage more actively outdoors and build resilience. Through a combination of physically demanding activities, we aim to create well-rounded graduates who excel not only on the course but also in life.”

For those interested in joining the Raider Team, the requirements are simple. Being a part of the NJROTC class is a necessity, Seymour encourages prospective team members to reach out to him or L. Commander Greg Boucher to express their interest and learn more about the program. Following this initial discussion, the necessary steps will be taken to adjust schedules and ensure a seamless integration into the class and the Raider Team.

“As with any endeavor that brings change, we expect some growing pains,” Seymour said. “However, I’m confident that we’ll build this unit and once again become Distinguished Unit and State Champion competitors. Our students have the potential, and together, we’ll achieve remarkable results.”