Running towards a state title

Laney Nash makes it to state for the third time in a row
Other State qualifiers along with Laney Nash
Cross Country Team

Frantically looking for the end, it’s nowhere in sight. She’s out of breath and not sure how much longer she can do this. She continues to push, even if her legs are now numb. She sees it, as the ending, yet the start of the next chapter.

The start of Laney Nash’s training for state for the third time in a row with her amazing skills in cross country. Senior athlete Laney has been in cross country for 4 years. Working hard, persevering, and over-achieving in what she’s best at.

This Saturday Laney will be competing in the State meet at Old Settler’s Park in Round Rock at 8:30 a.m. With her hard work and dedication, there’s no doubt that she’ll do well.

“We start training for XC (cross country) in June and I practice 6 days a week,” Laney said. “Most practices are at 6 a.m. and some in the afternoons with running and weight workouts.”

The people she’s competing with are familiar to her. Usually, they’re more challenging but with the growth Laney has made throughout the years, she could pull through and get in front of them.

“My parents were very happy for me,” Laney said. “I raced up with some girls that I was usually behind.”

Laney is going to college where she will continue to run but for now, she’s getting ready for State and her upcoming season in track.

“I’m looking forward to more races with my teammates during track and trying to go for a school record,” Laney said. “I’m definitely going to run in college, I just have to figure out where I’ll end up.”