What’s next for the 14-0 Lady Coog seniors

Rane Paulson

The Lady Cougars rolled through their Round 1 matchup against Cy Woods.

Owen Wright, Staff Writer

The 2022 campaign was a magical season for Volleyball, going undefeated in district play. The Lady Coogs played hard till the end in round three of playoffs. Out of the fourteen players on varsity eleven of them are seniors. This group consists of Lily Hopkins, Sophia Concepcion, Teagan Alverson, Jessica Siegmund, Amelie Grostabussiat, Peyton Quesnel, Olivia Wright, Maddy Briggs, and last but not least Lindy Godwin. Now that their final high school season is over, they will move on to do big things.

Here are plans for at least a few of the seniors:

Lily Hopkins #1

Lily Hopkins, the Tomball varsity Libero will be attending the University of Alabama on a scholarship to play volleyball. This past season Hopkins was titled Defensive MVP not just once but twice. She led the team in digs per set with 4.5, 211 in her senior season, and 589 digs in her career. She also received TGCA Academic All-State.

“Can’t wait to see what’s next, Roll Tide!”

Teagan Alverson #8

Teagan Alverson, Tomball’s outside hitter was labeled 1st team all-district for the 2022 season. Alverson was 2nd in kills, an unreturnable hit, with 377. She also had the third most receptions with 500.

Olivia Wright #18

Olivia Wright, Tomball’s right side, made everyone on the court smile, from dabbing after scoring or getting hit in the head with the ball she always lifted her teammates. She was titled 2nd team All-District in 2022 and led the team in blocks with 81, led in hit percentage with 0.247, and also achieved TGCA Academic All-State. Wright is not completely sure where she’d like to attend college but would like to go into the medical field and be a nurse.

“Live, laugh, love, and keep dabbing.”

Lindy Godwin #25

Lindy Godwin is nothing short of a team player leading the team in assists with 678, blowing out second place by 181. Godwin was titled first-team all-district for the 2022 season and TGCA Academic All-State. She is planning on attending Oklahoma University.