Cougar Charms make history at NDA High School Nationals

The Cougar Charms competed at NDA High School Nationals in Orlando Florida this past week.. The competition took place with Prelims March 8-9 and Finals on the 10.

After several very successful regional and state competitions the Charms completed this year’s competition season with many accomplishments at the national level.

The Charms were one of five teams that managed to push all three of their dances to the final round, placing in the top ten for two of those dances. Their Gameday routine placed 6th, Jazz placed 7th, and Pom placed 11th.

This year is the first of many successes the Cougar Charms will have as they continue to compete their dances at the National level.

“A word to describe this past week at NDA would be the word memorable,” sophomore Brooke Nguyen said. “I enjoyed getting to dance on the NDA stage for the first time and displaying what we’ve been working so hard for all year.”

NDA hosts teams from 45 states at their competitions, this is the first year Tomball High School sent their dance team to a competition at this magnitude.

Last year the Charms took 2nd place at the MA National Contest and achieved many additional accomplishments at NDA this year.

The Charms are hoping to end their 2024 contest season well at this national competition.