Pageant Girls run the world

Girls from around Tomball compete in the annual Miss Tomball pageant
Ava Bert
The 2023 Miss Tomball winner is crowned at last year’s pageant.

The 58th Annual Miss Tomball Pageant will be tomorrow, Saturday, at 7 p.m. at the Tomball High School auditorium. 

Girls from around the Tomball area were encouraged to participate in this scholarship opportunity as it provides a sense of sisterhood, community, and opens the door for many opportunities for the girls in their years to come. 

Miss Tomball 2024: $3,000 scholarship and $500 gift voucher to Aloha Beauty Lounge

First Runner-up: $2,000 scholarship

Second Runner-up: $1,000 scholarship

Third Runner-up: $500 scholarship

Fourth Runner-up: $500 scholarship

“Miss Tomball was such an amazing experience that opened up so many opportunities for me,” said Miss Tomball 2023 Annelise Garrison. “It is because of Miss Tomball that I have found confidence in my own voice and now using it to empower those around me, I will forever be thankful for this experience.” 

This year, there are 20 girls participating in  Miss Tomball, 10 each from Tomball and Tomball Memorial.

This year’s Tomball precipitants include:

• Hannah Brinkley
  • Sophia Elliot
  • Jordi frost
  • Saige Klein
  • Elizabeth Northway
  • Rachel Nutt
  • Akshita Santra
  • Meghan Schilder
  • Jordyn Till
  • Emily Van Handel

“It’s been super fun to meet all the girls and walking in heels is super difficult,” senior Akshita Santra said.

Many of the girls this year decided to participate in Miss Tomball to show that young women can achieve many great things, and that everybody is capable of being in a pageant .

“I decided to do Miss Tomball because I wanted to show that just because so many things have changed in society, doesn’t mean that all the young women today aren’t great, and that we still have potential of being excellent young women,” junior Emily Van Handel said.