Making the most of the moments

TCP band heads to the Lone Star Preview Contest this weekend
Nevaeh Jones
Junior Koletin Sanders mid-performance at a football game

TCP band will be heading out to their next competition this Saturday Oct. 14, at the Lone Star Preview Contest. Last weekend, they had placed 5th in their first performance against 13 other bands leading them to the finals round. When performing for the second time they moved up to 4th place.

“I’m so proud of how far we have come from last year especially with the way the band has been working hard,” said senior Diego Calderon. “We are so ready for this contest with all the new choreography as well as seeing the bands that we will be competing against during UIL.”

Performing in the first slot at 10:15 a.m., they are in the class 4A division up against The Woodlands, Brazoswood, Bridgeland, Caney Creek, College Park, Dickinson, Grand Oaks, Klein Cain, Klein Collins, Klein Forest, Klein, Klein Oak, Porter, and Willis high schools.

Only 10 bands will move into the finals selection out of the 19 regional bands while also having 11 judges who will give caption awards for the Outstanding Music, Visual, General Effect, Auxiliary, and Percussion in each class.