What to expect from Newspaper this year

New year, new look
Yearbook
Newspaper staff looks vigorously through print edition

With the new year starting, there are a couple of changes regarding the Cougar Claw, both the website and print. The website will release specific kinds of stories on an assigned day. There will be a steady flow of content for readers and more variety.

Mondays will have Sports stories about past games that were recent. With these recaps, there will be photo galleries so readers can see the action while reading everything about it. Wednesdays will be assigned to be Opinion/Editorial stories. These are going to be about relevant topics that are heard around the school. With these, there might be two stories about the same subject with two sides, “for” and “against.”

Then there’s Feature Fridays, which will be about a student or a teacher that has had something happen to them or if they’ve done something. Every week one of our staff writers will go on a search for a student to write about and have them as our main story on the home page of the Cougar Claw.

Last but definitely not least, instead of having a traditional newspaper, we’ll have our first ever magazine, full of color photos, graphics and articles.

Overall we are excited to share with everyone our hard work. If students would like to recommend topics for opinion pieces or who should be featured on our website, fill out the forms below.

Opinion – https://forms.gle/Df4ygFVYvprtX7mU6

Feature – https://forms.gle/Q53xC9gj2m7BMBwC6