Catching up with Fine Arts

Collection of Yearbook Photographers Photos

Pictures from throughout the year for the fine arts

Natalia Martinez, News Editor

The Fine Arts departments have had a long year filled with concerts, contests, and competitions. Here’s a recap of what they have achieved.

Band

The Tomball Cougar Pride Band welcomed their 2022-2023 production of “17 Cherry Tree Lane”, based off of the Mary Poppins movies. They received first place in their classification at the Battle at the Berry Contest in October.

The Tomball Percussion Section went to their first drumline competition since 2019, at the Aldine Drumline Contest in September. They earned third place in their division.

Jeyne Figueroa (10) got the opportunity to be an All-State Concert Band Musician for the TMEA Convention. Concert Band and Symphonic Band went to UIL at Klein Oak April 13th. Concert Band earned 2 for concert and 1 for their sight-reading portion. Symphonic Band won 1 in Concert and 1 in Sight-reading.

Wind Ensemble geared up for UIL, April 20th, at Klein Oak achieved sweepstakes, all ones, for both concert performance and sight-reading.

Winter guard

The TCP winter guard started their season with two new shows. JV performed “A Year Without Rain”, while varsity performed “Runaway Train”. They started their season at Morton Ranch High School, February 4th, with varsity receiving 5th place and JV receiving 4th. JV performed for the last time at Klein Oak Championships and won the area bronze medal. Varsity won the 2023 Scholastic AA Area Champions at the Klein-Collins Area Contest. Then headed to State April 1st winning State Champions with the highest score in the Scholastic AA division.

Tomball Indoor Percussion

The Tomball Indoor Percussion revived their concert season after the 2020 season was cut short. Their show entitled “The Red Thread” brought home third place at the North Shore Contest.

At their second contest, Pasadena Memorial, they were moved up from Scholastic Concert A to Scholastic Concert Open after receiving first place with a score of 82.3.

Their last contest was March 25th at the WGI Dallas Regional where they won first place with a score of 84.5.

Art

Mia Holberg (12) was named National Medalists in the Scholastic Writing and Arts Award Competition. Emma Cline (11) and Galvin Nugent (11) sold artwork at the Magnolia Exotic Bird Auction.

Reece Perez (10) and Tiffany Fulton (10) are going to state for the VASE art competition. Lucy McBride (9) received a Gold Medal and went to NRG stadium for her work in the Rodeo Art competition Jordan Dziedzic (9), Ava Allen (10), and Emilia Ramirez (10) were finalist in the Rodeo Art competition.

Emma Cline, Verena Smith (12), Owen Tegtmeier (11), Twig Kuhn (11), Galvin Nugent, Maria Jose Nakashima Garcia (9), Emilia Ramirez (10), Michelle Jimenez (11), and Maria Jose Farias Osio (9) received threes and fours at the Regional State Vase competition.

Choir

Naomi Chad (12) and Gabby Velasquez (11) made it to TMEA All-State Choir. Non Varsity Treble had their UIL on April 19th at Willis earning sweepstakes. Varsity Treble and Varsity Mixed on April 20th at Klein Cain achieved sweepstakes. Lastly Varsity Tenor/Bass had theirs April 21st at Klein Cain made an excellent on stage and superior on sight-reading. They have their Pop Show on May 15th at the THS Auditorium.

Orchestra

All three ensembles that went to UIL, March 30th and 31st, earned straight 1 ratings from all judges. Earning the ‘Sweepstakes Award’.

Upcoming is the Full Orchestra UIL was April 28th, they received the ‘Sweepstakes Award’.  This is a combination from top string players with top winds, brass, and percussion players.