TCP band brings back Indoor Percussion with their first contest Saturday

The+2023+Indoor+Percussion+Group+

Natalia Martinez

The 2023 Indoor Percussion Group

Natalia Martinez, News Editor

Back in 2020, the Tomball Percussion group was in the middle of their contest season right when COVID hit. They had performed “En Memoria De Beethoven”, a mixture of classical and Latin music with the Latin eventually taking over in the end.

Coming back from this 3-year break, the only member that was in the last group is senior Wyatt Hollingsworth.

“I feel super happy that indoor has come back, it gives us something to work on during the winter and spring,” Wyatt said. “I’m also glad that I have a chance to finish a season instead of it ending prematurely.”

This year’s show is called “The Red Thread,” composed by David Curtis, it goes through stages on how everyone is connected by a red thread. It has three parts but only two will be performed Saturday at the North Shore Senior HS Indoor Percussion Contest at 3:39 p.m.

“I’m excited for this contest,” sophomore Jacob Dixon said. “It gives us the opportunity to learn and perform a fun show year round.”

Due to size and experience this group is placed in the Percussion Scholastic Concert A section. They will compete against George Ranch, Aldine, Sam Rayburn, Willis, Madisonville, Bellaire and Jordan high schools. This concert group starts at 3:12 p.m.

“This show is the perfect way to end my last year in band,” Wyatt said. “It will be my last big percussion ensemble and leave a good memory I can look back on.”

Not only will high school groups be performing but at the end of the day Monarch Independent, a Percussion Independent World Class group, will perform their years show, title yet to be shared.

Tickets are $10 and they will be performing in the Competition Gym.