TISD Job Fair coming up in April

Ally Osman, Features Editor

This year’s TISD Job Fair will be held on Saturday April 2nd from 9 a.m. to noon at Grand Lakes Junior High.

The job fair is an opportunity for certified teachers and other education professionals to ask questions, attend interviews, and learn about new job openings in the school district.

TISD is always looking to expand their staff, but some of the current available positions are:

• Teachers PreK-12
  • Bilingual Teachers
  • Special Education
  • ELL and ESL
  • Hard of Hearing class support
  • Bus Drivers
  • Teacher’s Aides
  • Custodians
  • Nurses
  • Clinic Aides
  • Librarians
  • School Nutrition Workers
  • Bus Monitors

Staff support from TISD includes extensive curriculum support, mentoring programs, positive culture training, and collaborative teams.

Recruiting teams and administrators will be in attendance to conduct interviews and answer any questions job candidates may have. Also, various representatives from each of the educational departments will be sent to assist. TISD encourages job searchers to visit campuses where their desired position is available and to be sure that they are adequately certified. The TISD Human Talent Department posts new job opportunities weekly on their website.

“We’ll have onsite interviews and ae prepared to offer top candidates positions the same day.” said TISD Human Talent Officer Alicia Reeves. “It’s our goal to ensure our students get the most qualified staff members to support their education.”

The job fair requires candidates to register and  submit an official application to work at TISD. Applicants also must be properly certified for the position they are applying for. Candidates should dress professionally, bring enough copies of their resume to distribute to campus representatives, and bring their certifications or degrees.