Charms to compete at ADDT contest this weekend

Charms

The Cougar Charms Elite team squeezes in one last practice before their performance.

Ally Osman, Features Editor

The Cougar Charms will be competing at the American Dance & Drill Team contest this Saturday at Morton Ranch High School.

While Officers, Elite and Soloists were scored for the first time two weeks ago, the team will be competing their dances for the first time.

“We had a few really strong performances at our last contest,” junior Alyssa Headley said. “I’m really excited to see what we can actually win competing this week.”

The Charms will be performing all day. Since dances are entered and performed by category, other teams will perform in between. While schedules are usually on time, various factors can interrupt the flow from one dance to another, so it’s in spectators’ best interest to arrive a few minutes before the posted time to be sure not to miss the Charms’ performance.

Different types of dances are performed in one of two places in the high school. All solos will be held in the dance gym, and officer, team, and all other dances in the competition gym. Spectators are not required to stay the whole time and ticket prices are as follows:

• Adults – $15
  • Students (K-12) – $5
  • Children 4 or younger and adults 65 and older – free

There will be food for sale at the competition for cash only. Food and drinks are not permitted in the gyms during performances and outside food or drinks are not allowed in the building at any time.

Charms Morton Ranch Contest Schedule