FFA project show and sale kicks off tomorrow

Natalia Martinez, News Editor

THS will be joining with TMHS to hold the 46th annual TISD Project Show & Sale from Wednesday through Saturday at the THS Show Barn.

FFA is one of the main electives here, it’s filled with many dedicated students who take on the responsibility of caring and raising livestock, have to manage their time wisely, and have a positive competitive nature.

“We don’t use students to raise animals, we use animals to raise students,” said Ag teacher Sommer Thomas.

On Wednesday, they will hold a Special Rodeo, where they will have stick horse races , roping, and more.

Rabbits, Broilers, Turkey will be shown after the Special rodeo on Wednesday between 1:30 and about 3:30 p.m.

“I ‘m so excited to show my lamb and chickens this week, I’ve learned so much from my projects and can’t wait to see how they’ll do,” said sophomore Elli Vest.

Lambs and Goats will be shown Thursday between noon and 2 p.m.

Steers and Swine will be shown Friday between noon and 2 p.m. with an auction at 4 p.m. following the swine show.

Then on Saturday will be the Sale Order meeting at 9:30 a.m., then the buckle and trophy presentation at 11 a.m., followed by the buyers lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., ending with the Live Auction at 2 p.m.

“Our FFA members have been working extremely hard the past few months to get their animals ready for show, They have spent early mornings and late nights feeding, exercising and managing animal health,” said fellow Ag teacher Meagan Moriatry, “All of the members are excited that the show is almost here and hoping they get to see their hard-work and dedication pay off.”

These students work together to help each other succeed, they all spend many hours making sure their animal has the proper walk and showing attitude for the ring. Even whole families are contributing to all the success.

Here is the formal schedule:

Wednesday: January 26, 2022

Special Rodeo – 8 a.m. to Noon

Rabbits, Broilers, Turkey must be in place by 1 p.m.

Rabbit Show – 1:30 p.m.

Broiler Show – 2:30 p.m. or immediately following the rabbit show (whichever is later)

Turkey Show – immediately following Broiler Show

Barn Closes – 30 minutes following the conclusion of the Turkey Show

Thursday: January 27, 2022

Barn Opens – 8 a.m.

Lambs and Goats must be in place by 10 a.m.

Goat Show – Noon

Lamb Show – 2 p.m.

Barn Closes – 5 p.m. or 1 hour after Lamb Show (whichever is later)

Friday: January 28, 2022

Barn Opens – 8 a.m.

Steers and Swine must be in place by 10 a.m.

Steer Show – Noon

Swine Show – 2 p.m.

Auction Set Up – 4 p.m. or immediately following the swine show (whichever is later)

Barn Closes –30 minutes after auction set up.

Saturday: January 29, 2022

Barn Opens – 9 a.m.

Sale Order Meeting – 9:30 a.m.

Buckle & Trophy Presentation – 11 a.m.

Buyers Lunch – 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.

Live Auction – 2 p.m.

Livestock Area of the Barn Closes to ALL people other than TISD FFA Load Out Committee – 30 minutes after the conclusion of the live auction