Theater ready to take on Annie

Abi Baldwin, Feature Editor

The production of theater’s next show, Annie, began two weeks ago, starting with the read through on Wednesday. Cast members and understudies alike went through and read the majority of the script, including all the songs.  Actors joked and laughed while attempting to sing their parts.

“It was just fun, that’s the reason most of us are doing this for. Starting out with a new show we can’t stress out before we’ve begun,” junior Brennan Pate said.

Now three rehearsals in, the singing part of the musical is the main focus. Each day a different cast is required to go to the choir room and learn how to sing each assigned song.

“I cannot sing, not even a little bit, but I’m gonna try my hardest and just have fun with it,” Pate said.
All casts are required to come to their assigned rehearsal, which will last from 3:30-6:00 in the black box or choir room.  Members are to get to Cindy Hearn’s room early to sign in with Jacob Pratt and have your script.

“Rehearsals always end up being extremely fun and are extremely important for everyone, even if you’re not in that particular scene,” senior Jacob Pratt said.                                                                              

It’s tentative that the actors learn and grow together, if an actor misses a rehearsal it puts the whole scene behind. In which it is not the directors job to catch them up, it’s up to the student to find someone to teach them the choreography or the song they missed.

“Yes, I’m generally nervous about playing such a big but I believe it’s going to fun and exciting,” junior who plays Annie, Miranda York said.
Opening night of Annie will be after Thanksgiving break, be sure to come and support your fellow Cougars.