Snow only adds to weird year for Tomball

Gianna Smith, Staff Writer

It’s been a weird year in Tomball, for all of Texas actually. With the school year starting off with a Solar eclipse, then Hurricane Harvey destroying so many homes and flooding many areas throughout greater Houston, and now the snow.

It snows in Tomball on occasion but more often it just sleets, but this year not only did it snow but it stuck to the ground and remained there till the following morning.

When you woke up that Friday morning there was snow covering cars, houses, trees and the roads were very wet.

The whiteness of fluffy snow coated the Tomball area and made all trees and wildlife look like a winter wonderland.

Getting to school in the morning you would notice the layer of whiteness that coated the football field and the flock of kids that made their way out to field to play in the once-in-a-lifetime Tomball snow.

You would also see many of the kids had a giant snowball fight in the school parking lot.

“I love the snow,” sophomore Eilert Schumann said. “It reminds me of my home country, Norway.”

The fun continued into first period with many teachers allowing students to go outside.

Will it snow again? Or will it not snow fall again like this for a very long time? Nobody really knows, but for for that day, we’ll just let it snow.