3-time State Champs aim for 4th percussion title

Tristin Brandt, Staff Writer

The Tomball Winter Percussion started back in 2013 with only 1 senior, no juniors, a few sophomores, a couple of freshmen, and five to six 8th graders from the junior high. Probably the youngest group in the entire TCGC circuit, but still performed with skill.

The first year in the TCGC circuit the Tomball Winter Percussion made a statement, coming out with a first place at the State Championship competition, surprising lots of people and many of the other groups in the circuit.

Leaving the first season with a win gave the Tomball Percussion section the
confidence for the next year, which lead to another 1st place win at the TCGC Championship at Reed Arena.

At this point, Tomball Percussion Section was getting bigger as more and more students were joining the section. This, in turn, led to a new, more rigorous audition process that led to a new group at Tomball.

There is a new Junior High Winter Percussion group, which started last year, just like the first year Winter Percussion started for the High school. The Junior High Winter Percussion won first place at State Competition.

Winter Percussion has started their new season with another chance at the TCGC State title, as well as a change at a WGI title (Winter Guard International), an organization in which both Winter Guard and Percussion groups compete in their respective class for the championship.

Now the Tomball Winter Percussion’s new 2017 season is on it’s way;  new show called Scenes from the Woods with new players and returning veterans.