Gabby McCuistion kicks it up a notch

Garrick Pitcher
Gabby playing mid field last season

Fight or flight response is a commonly used phrase that describes someone’s reaction to a threatening situation. Threats such as school, sports, people, etc. can take down a high school student. Every student has the choice of whether to crack under the pressure or to rise above and prove themselves.

Varsity soccer player Gabby McCuistion has shown, as only a sophomore, that she can prove herself out on the field.

“I love being able to represent the school and really show off what I can do in front of the school,” Gabby said.

Gabby has played soccer since she was eight and through growing up on the field, she has grown a strong passion for the sport. This is Gabby’s second year on varsity for Tomball high and she also plays club soccer for HTX on the 08 GA team.

“I’m most looking forward for the district championships and I hope we can make it far in playoffs this year” Gabby said.

Teamwork truly makes the dream work. Gabby believes that the best way to keep a team united and in harmony on the field is to have a close bond off the field.

“Having a close bond with my teammates 100% helps us out on the field,” Gabby said. “Each year we go to Georgetown and each year we all grow closer with each other and after that we just connect much better on field and it helps us a lot as a team.”

Ever since starting her journey at eight years old, nothing has been able to compare to soccer for Gabby. Through the years Gabby has tried other sports and activities but through the hardships she has always came back to soccer.

“Being a THS athlete gives me an opportunity to represent my school and to showcase soccer as the sport that I really love to play,” she said. “I love being able to represent the school and really show off what I can do in front of the school.”