Take advantage of long weekend

For the students that have been sleeping under a rock for the past week and didn’t know about the up-coming, three-day weekend, it’s not too late to find a great way to occupy those 72 hours of freedom.

To help you have a great weekend, here are some spectacular ideas for you and your friends to have a good time and enjoy the beautiful weather.

• Take the three-day weekend to catch up on your sleep. We’re getting into the busiest time of year for school, and finals are just around the corner.
  • Looking for great food and music? This weekend is a great time to go to Austin. It’s only a couple of hours away.
  • There are a few interesting movies coming out this weekend. Check out Unknown, I Am No. 4 or Big Momma’s House 2.
  • As the weather heats up, it’s time to get some new outfits for spring. Hit the outlet mall, Willowbrook or The Woodlands to do some shopping.
  • Relax and unwind with a good book.
  • With the improved weather, now’s a great time to dig those hamburgers and steaks out of the freezer and fire up the grill. Invite friends and family over for some great BBQ.
  • Before you break out the shorts and t-shirts for spring, get some color on those pale legs. Spend the weekend getting tanned.
  • Another easy day  trip: Galveston. Good places to eat and hang out, and beaches to grab some sun.
  • Houston has some excellent museums, so drive down to the museum district and spend the day. Art, history, science and more, all fairly close to each other.
  • While you’re down in Houston, don’t forget to stop at the Houston Zoo and check out the new African Safari exhibit. Afterwards, enjoy the day at Hermann Park.
  • Did you pack on a few extra pounds over the holidays? Spend a little time at the gym this weekend and get in shape for bikini season.
  • The sun has finally returned, so spend some time outside here in Tomball. There are several great parks in the area. Bring a football or Frisbee, or just relax and enjoy the day.
  • Don’t feel like going out? Stay home and enjoy “movie night” with the family. Pick up a movie from RedBox or grab an old favorite. Throw some popcorn into the microwave and spend some quality time together.
  • Cap off the long weekend with some fun and games. Main Event on I-45 in The Woodlands offers unlimited bowling, billiards and laser tag each day over the three-day weekend for $15.95 per day. Other great places to go play games: Dave & Busters, Itz and Mountasia.

So no more excuses: Get out and have fun!