Laughter is no Foreigner to Tomball STAGE

The Foreigner (or is he?) is staying a few nights in the Tomball High School Auditorium.
Tomball STAGE production of Larry Shue’s The Foreigner is a performance not to miss seeing. The set is down-right dynamite, down to every spoon, lamp, rug, stove and sofa on stage. Kudos to the set designer, prop designer and prop crew whom made the audience feel as if they were flies on the wall of Betty Meeks’ Fishing Lodge Resort in Tilghman County, Georgia.
Thursday saw opening night for the whole cast and crew, and everything (at least from the audience’s point-of-view) went seamlessly smooth.
Bringing this comedic script to life is the well casted actors of Tomball STAGE. The cast executed their parts spot-on and literally had members of the audience stomping their feet and laughing manically. Contrasting characters ranging from Catherine Simms, the ex-debutant, to Owen Musser, the some-what redneck kept the humorous plot line going.
Parts of the show are not to be taken so seriously by the viewers especially the mentioning and appearance of the Clan. When the group made their appearance a good hand full of the audience members had a look on their face pretty much asking, “Wait, are they allowed to do that?”
Do remember this is a comedy that mocks human folly and enjoy the gibberish story-telling made by Charlie, the faux foreigner or smart teachings from the so-called hopeless Ellard Simms .
The stage is putting on four more performances before wrapping everything up. The upcoming shows are today’s 3 p.m. matinée, Saturday at 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., and at 7:30 p.m. Monday.