Hockey comes to Tomball

After three years of going to the school board and pleading their case, Hunter Hack and his mother have finally given Tomball High School a hockey team. Not only have they made a difference for one school but another also.

Tomball has gotten together with Kingwood High School to create one conjoined team.

After going through tryouts, there are seventeen players in total, including two goalies, freshman through seniors.

Since the beginning of the school year, players have been meeting every Monday and Tuesday night at the Aerodome to prepare for the battles on the ice.

The team has had four not-so-well-played games.

“We would do a lot better if we had the supporst of our schools, everyone should come to see us play, not only is it free, but you get to see a lot of fighting and tough hitting,” Hack said. The boys play schools around the area, such as Seven Lakes, Klein, and Sugarland.

Friday, Nov. 5, was the first win for the Kingwood/ Tomball team.

“All the players were joyous for

the team’s first victory and going crazy, but not I,” said senior and captain, Derek Krygier. “I was born a winner.”

“Just kidding, I knew we had it in us.”

Hockey shouldn’t just be a big deal in the northern states, it should get attention here too.

“Just kidding, I knew we had it in us.”