Dive in to Tomball Swim

Tomball swim is a sport that most people do not know too much about. But if you sat in on a practice or a meet, you would see that swimmers are not getting the recognition they deserve.

Every morning, Tomball swimmers get up early to go to their 5:45 practice. At 7:30, they get ready and head to their next class. This schedule is repeated every single day and some days there are meets that go until late at night.

“It’s tiring but definitely fun at the same time,” said sophomore Cameron Hindmarsh.

Their season is going even better than they thought. They are dropping times faster and better than planned. Some of their biggest competitors are Kingwood, the Woodlands, Stratford, and Klein. They have many expectations for this year. Besides being more intense, the swimmers are focused on harder goals.

“We want to get people to state, and more people out of districts,” said junior Alexa Johnson.

“We hope to place regions as a team,” said Hindmarsh, “and the guys to win district.”

Before a meet, Tomball gets pumped up and excited by having “raves” before entering the pool. With cheering and enthusiasm fresh in their minds, they are ready to prove to Coach Slay that their hard work has paid off. When asked what the swimmers want the school to know about Tomball swim, they cracked a smile and started the list:

“We want them to know that it is very important,” said Johnson.

“It’s a lot harder than it looks!” said junior Colton Larsen.

“We don’t get enough credit,” adds Hindmarsh, “Coach Slay is a great swim coach. He deserves more credit.”

“It’s called a Speedo, not a thong!” said Matt Gribble.

Tomball swim hopes to accomplish all they set out to do. They have practiced very hard this year and are confident that it will show in their upcoming meets. They are determined to spread the word about Tomball swim, and keep doing what they do best.