High homecoming hopes

One of the most talked-about events from the start of the first day of school is underway, homecoming weekend. Being pretty much the only major event in first semester Homecoming draws in quite the crowd.

Only this year is different. Very different. For the first time since 1991, Tomball is 5-0.
Football is a major concern in Tomball, and the homecoming game gives the town a chance to get together and show others that Tomball isn’t just some unknown country town.

This year’s homecoming is more anticipated than most, due to the 5-0 streak and the team’s opponent. The Coogs will be going against district powerhouse Klein Collins, which is also 5-0.

A battle of the undefeated.

The game itself could be the determining factor in winning District 13-5A, a title Tomball hasn’t seen in years. Every week, the Coogs have been making headlines for their extreme effort on the field and the town has taken noticed.

“The energy of the crowd makes the game so fun, being with our peers and cheering on our friends on the field is another advantage Tomball will have,” junior Qaja Natt said.

The atmosphere at Cougar Stadium is going to be something not to miss.

“The vibe and hype is going to be off the wall, everyone is going to be there and not just because it’s the homecoming game but because of the team for once,” senior E.J. Jones said.

An important game in all aspects, but the football players aren’t being weighed down with pressure and are ready to play. Said a confident A.J. Matthews: “It’s going to be a battle but we can do it.”