Tomball five O

And may the perfect record continue.

The Tomball Cougars put away the Spring Lions 34-7 at Leonard George Stadium Saturday afternoon. Fans made the road trip and packed into the stands to watch the Coogs defy others’ expectations once more.

A cooling breeze accompanied the Cougars’ breezing past Spring on the field as the team rolled to a 5-0 start, the team’s best since 1991. Tomball is one of only three unbeaten teams left in the district.

Senior, Dillon Duarte kicked the first points of the game, and finished the game with 10 points total.

Quarterback Justin Dvorak rushed for two touchdowns and had a total of 220 yards, 94 on the ground. Running backs Brandon Green and Brian Angelle were both big contributors in the game, as Green added six to Tomball’s lead.

Senior Robert Vines found an open lane late in the fourth quarter and ran in for a touchdown to cap the game’s scoring.

As for the demolishing defense, seniors Malcom Scott, Garret Mears and Dalton Tuley had it under-control. Tomball’s defense marveled the crowd as they put a flat-out stop to Spring’s offense.

With the band absent as tey competed in a UIL competition, the cheerleaders and a vocal crowd were able to keep up the school spirit, with the help of “Cheer Daddy” Mr. Obidigbo.

“We just need to keep doing what we’re doing and better things will come.” Dvorak said.

Being this far into the season and still undefeated in both regular and district play, Tomball is making a statement and showing they are a playoff contender. This week’s game has added meaning – not only is it homecoming, but it comes against district power Klein Collins.

Defensive leader Scott remains confident: “We go this homecoming!”