‘Three and Oh! Three and Oh!’

Track back three weeks ago. Three weeks ago, when anticipation was sinking into every coach, every player, every fan.

What were the  expectations for the first game of the season? Coming off a couple of woeful seasons, would this year be different?

A victory would answer the question that day.

And the next game. Even the game after that.

Most recently, the Tomball Cougars rolled over the Mayde Creek Rams 42-10 last week. In every game this season, the offense has scored 40-plus points. The 10 points allowed was a season-high for a stingy defense.

The offense is attacking. The defense squashes any thought opponents have of scoring.

Against Mayde Creek, quarterback Justin Dvorak threw for five touchdowns, tossing scoring passes to seniors Montrell Logan, Brandon Green, and Hunter Thompson.

Coaches and fans have seen in the past few weeks the team’s defense has been stopping and blocking like no other. Defensive players Malcom Scott, Garret Mears, Dalton Tuley, and Kyle Harden have all performed brilliantly.

Cougar fans are fully enjoying this winning atmosphere that has been elsewhere for a few seasons.

“Every single Friday night has been a great one so far,” said junior Riley Johnson, who is a trainer for the team. “I know that these coaches have been putting a lot into this team. Can’t wait to see how far we’ll go!”

“Three and Oh. Three  and Oh!” coach Troy Chase exclaimed while walking off the gridiron.

This weekend, the team gets a break to rest and savor that 3-0 start. Next up will be a key district matchup against Westfield on Friday night.