The Next Generation iPhone is here

The Next Generation iPhone is here

Get in line. Apple has revealed the thinnest, lightest iPhone ever. AT&T and Verizon employees have been requesting days off to avoid the bombarding of stores.

“iPhone 5 is the most beautiful consumer device that we’ve ever created,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, in an article featured on yahoo.com.

The new phone has more to offer, but less at the same time. It is 20% lighter, 18% thinner and has 12% less volume with entirely new technology. It has double the processor speed and runs on the significantly faster 4G network.

With to the iPhone’s arrival, many feature rumors have been confirmed. These include a new earphone design, 4-inch Retina display, and “ultra fast” wireless.

iPhone 5 is nearly 9 millimeters taller than iPhone 4S, but it’s the same width. So it’s just as easy to type with one hand. The Gorilla Glass back of the last iPhone has been replaced with metal, and a new Panorama mode on the camera.

Previous products are now useless to the iPhone 5, because there is a new charger adapter – a much smaller one. This means that products like the iHome and the good ol’ fashioned connectors are now obsolete.

This is because of the new dock connector “Lightning”, which is 80% smaller than the old one, and is the only connector compatible with the new phone. The good news is that Apple is creating an adapter to all of the past products which means that there is still life in your old accessories.

The day pre-ordering was offered for the iPhone 5, more than twice the number of sales were made than the 4S version. Apple sold over 5 million iPhone 5s in the first three days, but shares sagged as the company struggled to meet demand.

The new iPhone 5 16 gigabyte model is currently available for $199 with a two-year contract. Apple is also expected to offer the iPhone 4S for $99 and iPhone 4 for free with a two-year contract.