Jeff Lutz takes the stage. We aren’t kidding.

Jeffrey Lutz is the man with magic hands. In a dark room illuminated only by flickering strobe lights, his hands flicker across his turn table like it was an extension of his body. The chaos that is his frantic movement does not re­flect the sounds that emanate from the speakers. Smooth mixes of songs, per­fectly executed transitions, and bass in all the right places.

Though he graduated a year ahead of his class in 2011 to attend MixxWell DJ school in Montrose, Jeff maintains that music wasn’t his top reason to ‘speed up’ the education process. “I graduated early because I just wasn’t into high school,” Jeff said with a shrug.

At the age of ten, his cousin gave him the CD that started it all. “It was a mix of 90s house and trance music,” he laughed, “then I started getting into stuff like Daft Punk and Benny Bena­ssi, that’s when I really started getting an interest in that kind of music. I started getting into dubstep when I was fifteen, and it really took off from there. “

It was at MixxWell that Jeff learned all of his technical skills. “It wasn’t really the production side of it, more the live performance stuff,” he said. He plans to go back to school now that he has the software required for producing, and hopes to get an album out soon.

With raw talent literally at his finger­tips, Jeff is preparing for his first ever live event under the stage name DJ Vacillate. On January 7th he is expect­ing hundreds of people at the Southern Villa in Tomball. “I’m very nervous,” he said with a smile, “I’ve never done anything like this, in front of that many people.”

According to Jeff, the majority of the four hour set will be mixes and mash-ups of tracks, not his originally produced music. “It’s basically a promo event,” Jeff explained. “There are a cou­ple of guys I’m talking to that are going to come out and watch me, hopefully this will be a step into the industry.”

While his immediate dream is to earn a full-time position as a club DJ, he has his eyes set further on the horizon. “There’s a blurry line between club DJs and massive producers like Skrillex and Deadmau5,” Jeff said. “DJs are produc­ers, producers are DJs. My dream is to someday be a Skrillex-like producer.”

Though he’s starting off small, Jeff has high hopes for his future. Perhaps someday Tomball will be able to claim yet another famous musician as one of its own.