Lock your keys in your car? There’s an app for that

Technology has stepped up its game once again. Thanks to a company called Viper, you can now control you vehicle using your Smartphone—whether it be an Android, Blackberry or iPhone.

With just a simple tap on your phone, the SmartStart application allows you to not only pop the trunk, unlock or lock your car, but even start it from virtually anywhere. The app also sends a text to notify you if say, your alarm was triggered by a potential car-jacker.

But probably the most exciting capability it has is eliminating the terrible situation of forgetting where you parked your car. When you lock your car, the Viper app remembers the location of the car. When it’s time to go back, the app will actually give you directions to find your way to it.

This handy application doesn’t come cheap though. The systems that you need to purchase to install in your car can cost between $299 and $599, depending on the version and how compatible your car is with the SmartStart system. On top of that, you have to pay an annual fee of $49.99.

Still, the money may be worth it for many consumers. With everything this application is capable of, using your car would be taken to a whole new level of advanced technology.

For information on setting up this system for your own car and phone, visit www.viper.com/SmartStart.