2010 Apple lineup unveiled

September 1st made the holidays seem even closer when Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveiled a new anthology of iPods including new generation iPod Touch, Nano, and Shuffle. On top of Apple’s iPod releases, Apple also announced the release of the all new Apple TV (a storage device that stores rented movies and TV shows) as well as iTunes 10.

The 3rd generation iPod Touch, the centerpiece of Apple’s releases, was also the most anticipated device to be unveiled by Apple given that the iPhone 4 release called for the iPod Touch “make-over” to follow soon after.

The new features on the iPod Touch include most of the features on the iPhone 4 including a front and back camera, Facetime which enables users to communicate via live video feed over a Wi-Fi connection, the world-renowned Retina Display, HD video recording, and the new gyroscope that gives users a more precise gaming experience. The new iPod Touch starts at $229.

The new iPod Nano is completely redesigned and was given the same Multi-Touch (touch-screen) technology that makes the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch so user friendly and fun to use. The size and weight has been almost cut in half making the iPod Nano simple and convenient while still maintaining incredible functionality. The iPod Nano starts at $149.

The third iPod that was released was the all new iPod Shuffle. The main new feature on the Shuffle is VoiceOver which enables the Shuffle to speak to the user by naming the song, artist, playlist and even the remaining battery life. The iPod Shuffle is only $49 making the Shuffle the cheapest iPod available today.

The Shuffle also comes in seven different colors and has a built-in clip that the user can attach to almost any piece of clothing making the iPod Shuffle the most “on-the-go” iPod Apple has to offer today.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs said that the new line-up of iPods was, “The strongest line-up of iPods we’ve ever had,” during his keynote speech on September 1, 2010.

The new Apple TV, which to be clear, is not an actual television but instead a device that is connected to a television by a single HDMI cord, allows users to rent from a large selection of HD movies, watch Netflix titles, rent TV shows, commercial free and in HD, and stream photos and music from a computer to a television screen instantly.

Apple TV was also made even more energy efficient than it’s predecessor by removing it’s fan, but still remaining cool without it. Apple TV, when not being used, uses as much energy as a night-light. Apple TV is available for $99.

Apple also announced the release of iTunes 10 with Ping, a social network for music.

iTunes Ping allows users to create a profile on iTunes that will allow them to “follow” other users including friends and favorite artists. Ping enables users to see what music their friends and favorite artists are downloading as well.

Steve Jobs said that Ping is, “Going to get really popular, very fast,” during his keynote speech.