Graduation: What to know before you go

Natalia Martinez, News Editor

Seniors report to Reed Arena, Texas A&M between 7-7:15 a.m. (leave with time to spare). Doors open to EVERYONE at 7:00.

There is a $5 parking fee in the Reed Arena lot

Students will come down the stairs to the Practice Gym to get lined up and ready. Encourage them not to bring personal belongings downstairs as we cannot secure anything and we exit from the ceremony. Seniors will not be allowed to go back into the staging area as TMHS will be there as our ceremony ends..

At 8 a.m., the Seniors will March out to the Reed Arena Floor for the Commencement Ceremony

At approximately 10 a.m., the Seniors will recess out of Reed Arena where they will pick up diploma packets and exit out of the Reed Arena Loading Dock where they will meet their families.

Enjoy brunch in College Station and celebrate with family.

With Graduation being held at Reed Arena, there are some policies to be informed on about what people can and can’t bring.

Policies & Rules:

• Clear Bag Policy – Bags must not exceed 12″, but one gallon resealable plastic bags are acceptable. Small non-clear bags the size of a hand are permitted. (Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection)
  • NO outside food or beverages (guests may bring one sealed plastic water bottle)
  • First 3 rows of each 100 level section are reserved for people with mobility issues (may have two family members sit with you)
  • No friends or family will be admitted to the lower level unless they have credentials

Prohibited Items:

• Cameras and video cameras (may bring phones or tablet for pictures)
  • Artificial noise makers
  • Balloons
  • Air horns
  • Glass vases (flower bouquets are allowed)
  • Sings and posters
  • Tobacco products
  • Strollers, medical scooters, and baby carriers (only be parked on concourse. NOT in handicap areas)
  • Skateboards and scooters
  • Tripods and selfie sticks
  • Pets (service animals are allowed with documented tasks that the animal has been trained to do)
  • Reusable cups or bottles
  • For the full list look on Prohibited Items – Reed Arena – Texas A&M University

Parking:

• $5 CASH or pre-pay using this link (https://tamu.pmreserve.com/) a month before event
  • VIP parking is in Lot 100 G. Have parking pass displayed in vehicle

Entrances:

• Enter through North, East, South, and West entries.  Main entry is preferred entry for anyone with mobility issues.
  • Doors open 1 hour prior to ceremony
  • People with Mobility issues park in Lot 102 and enter through East Employee Entrance; look for sign on building “Stage Party and Faculty enter here” directing you to door. Take service elevator to lower level “LL”
  • Graduates entry – north public stairwell. Giant sign that says “Graduate Enter Here”
  • Stage Party – signs directing to Press Room “050”.
  • Faculty – waiting room is “054”. If you are walking in with graduates, line up is in Volleyball Practice Gym.
  • Band entry – loading dock.
  • Choir entry – loading dock
  • Graduates may start lining up in Practice gym 2 hours before

Exit:

• Graduate exit the arena floor through loading dock and walk up outside ramp
  • Graduate please move left or right at the top of the ramp and meet parents near South, West, North, or East entrance.
  • Attendees exit from North, South, West, or Main exit and have graduate meet you.