Boys’ soccer set their goals

With thirteen seniors and a number of starters that have been together for four years, it should make it easier to play the new district. Tomball Coach Scott Slater seemed excited and confident to be taking on the competition in the new district teams. While the new teams pose a threat, Scott shrugged it off. “I expect to win,” he said.

The team’s confidence and hard work showed when varsity played Dekaney, winning 2-1 on Jan. 15.They faced old rivals in the pre-season. He is looking forward to the new experiences that come with the new district and is anxious to see how the team will do.

“It’s hard to single anyone out as the best player because we play as a team and as a group,” Slater said.  Mack Light, Quentin Payton, Ryan Lapsly, Bryce Heudy, Kenny Torres Hernandez are some of his best returning players and Scott’s ready to get them and the rest of the team out on the field and winning their way to the playoffs.

Their biggest challenges as a team will be not only playing a new district but also learning how the new teams play and adjusting to the replacements of last year’s seniors.

“It’s difficult each year to lose good players that graduated, but new guys always step up to the plate and fill the shoes,” Scott said.