Home meet for Tomball track

The varsity track and field team competed in a meet this past Saturday here at Tomball High School. Schools such as The Woodlands and Klein Collins made this meet particularly challenging for our boys and girls. Overall, the boys placed thirdin the meet, while the girls fought hard but were unable to dominate some of the tough competitors.

Standing out among the boys was Adrian Austin, who placed first in both the 110 and 300 hurdles. He also set personal records in both these events, while setting a school record in the 110 hurdles. LeTrey Burton showed that Tomball dominates the 110 hurdles by placing second behind Austin. The 4×4 relay team placed second, unfortunately losing out to the rival Woodlands. Caleb Beacham won a second place medal in the 800 meter, and Kyle Harden got a third in shotput.

The girls came out fighting, and Brittany Wooten scored a first place in pole vaulting with a winning twelve-foot vault. Sophomore Ali Uhle wasn’t far behind with a third place finish in vaulting. Tiffany Kroll also made an impression earning a third place medal in triple jump. The girls are looking forward to proving themselves in the next meet.

The track season is well underway with four meets already passed. The girl’s team still has open positions and Coach McQuary is encouraging girls to try it out. He invites anyone interested to come out to practice after school.

The next meet will be Thursday, March 8, in Brenham.