Tomball football ends season 2-8

Although Tomball football did not make the playoff cut this year, many would say that overall the season has been a good one. Finishing 2-8, Tomball managed to pick up satisfying victories against rival teams such as Westfield and Mayde Creek.

After such a successful season last year, fans are heartbroken at the discontinued trip to playoffs, but still are proud of their players.

When asked about the greatest achievements of this season, senior quarterback Justin Dvorak said, “We always were able to stick together even when times got tough. I think we really built the relationship of the team.”

This team bonding was apparent when the Cougars defeated Westfield early on in the season, a sure confidence booster for the players.

The season proved to be a tough one with some stiff competition from the other schools. “We knew the season wasn’t going to be easy, so we had to pull together our offense and defense as a family,” said senior Eric Law.  But as with any team, improvements are always needed.

Perhaps it was lack of experience or the need to be more disciplined that kept the team from playoffs. Whatever the reason, fans throughout Tomball are curious about how the team will step up their game for next year.

So what will next year look like?  With Tomball moving down to 4A after this school year, next season is looking pretty hazy.  Schools like Magnolia, Waller, and Montgomery are going to provide some new and unfamiliar competition.

“We’ll probably come out stronger,” Eric Law said. “Our running backs and secondary will have a lot of experience.”

This year’s underclassmen such as Xavier Powell, Ishmael Edwards, Demarcus Jackson, and Max Baronaske will be taking over the role as some of our team’s key players.