Tomball Volleyball defeats Klein Collins

It was the biggest game of the season.   Tomball volleyball had been working up to this game, ever since they beat us earlier in the season.  Now that the second round of district is here, the Lady Cougars knew that their district rank came down to this very game. 

Varsity took the Klein Collins Tigers in four games.  The final score was 28-30, Tomball.  The Cougars are now tied for first in district.  Senior outside hitter Roxanne McVey led the team in kills with a total of 22.  Senior hitter Sydney Ziober follwed with 17 total kills.  Senior libero Hannah Jones dominated with the most receives the whole game, having a total of 25 digs.  Senior middle Caitlin Diaz shut down the other team with at least 5 kills.

Because Collins was hosting this game as the “Pink Game” in support of breast cancer victims, Red Nation went pink and dressed head to toe in support.  Some Collins faculty members actually scolded the Red Nation members, telling them to “tone it down.”  The dedicated Tomball fans didn’t let that stop them.  They continued to cheer their hearts out, and it paid off.

Junior varsity also defeated the Tigers in only two games, while the Freshmen team lost in a very close and hard-fought game.

Tonight the Cougars take on the Dekaney Wildcats at home.  It’s also senior night tonight, so come support your Lady Cougars. The freshmen do not have a game tonight, but JV is still playing at 5:30, followed by Varsity at 6:30.

This Friday Tomball plays Klein Oak at Klein Oak.