Tomball dominates Dekaney

Tuesday was Tomball volleyball’s last chance to play Dekaney. The Lady Cougars rode to Dekaney high school in hopes of a replay of their last game against the Wildcats, and walked away happy.

Varsity won in just three games. Junior hitter Sydney Ziober dominated on the court with countless kills and saves. Junior setter Tiffany Kroll and Senior setter April McCain set each other up for attacks and tips. Junior libero Hannah Jones and Senior outside Sarah Temperilli backed each other up with their digs, dives, and communication. Sophomore hitter Kaili Birkner had the game-point kill, and freshman middle Hope Forsythe kept the Wildcats on their toes with her point-after-point attacks.

JV beat the Wildcats in two games. The results were 25-22, following their 25-9 win. Tomball had the opportunity to practice some of their newest plays. It definitely payed off. The Lady Cougars are practicing for Friday’s home game.

Freshmen B did not play that night, but Freshmen A won in two games. They kept their enthusiasm and teamwork up the whole match. By not letting up, the Coogs were able to get a good lead on the Wildcats.

Tomball is at home for the final time in the regular season tonight, taking on the Klein Oak Panthers. This will be the last home game of the season. There is one more game next Tuesday, at Westfield. The games are at their normal times, but the Freshmen B team will not be playing this week.