Seniors: Final events to attend before the end of the year

Doug Opfer

The senior members of Charms, Band, Cheer, and Football celebrate at their last season game.

Ally Osman, Features Editor

Outgoing seniors have tons of events to attend before leaving THS for good.

THS will be honoring seniors in the top 10% of their class on May 18th at the Top 10% Breakfast. Each student has already received an invitation and is welcome to bring a teacher who they feel has supported them throughout their journey to get to the top 10%. The event will take place at 8:30.

The Senior Awards ceremony will take place on May 19th at 8:30. Any students that received an honor chord, UIL award, stole or other distinction should fill out the bright yellow information form from the College and Career Center and turn it in to room 1102 to have their awards announced at the ceremony. Only the scholarships that a student is using will be announced.

The Cougar Walk is an opportunity for the seniors to make memories and represent THS at any of the TISD elementary school campuses. Seniors typically choose to participate in the Cougar Walk at the elementary school that they attended. If a student didn’t attend elementary school in TISD they can pick any of the campuses. All seniors will attend a class meeting for details about graduation on May 25th at 8:00 am before leaving for the Cougar Walk.

On May 25th, after the Cougar Walk, the Senior Sunset will take place. This will be in the old stadium where students will watch the sunset, eat food, watch a movie, and spend one final night together with their peers.

On May 26th, seniors will report to the school at 8:30 am for a graduation rehearsal. This is intended as a practice run so that administrators and students can show up to graduation the next day prepared for the event.

The day after rehearsal, May 27th, all seniors will report to Reed Arena at Texas A&M no later than 8:15, as the ceremony will start promptly at 9 am. There are tickets for the event and students can bring as many guests as they would like. Seating will be occupied on a first come first served basis and the gates will open at 8 am. Parking will cost $5. The ceremony will be live-streamed on the TISD website for those who are unable to attend.

“It’s important for all students to be in dress code to walk the stage,” said Associate Principal Mark Vierkant. “We want all seniors to be able to enjoy this day, so let’s all show up in the proper attire.”

Seniors, as of today (May 6th), there are officially 12 days of school left!