New Two-Way Dual program to be implemented

Kiarralynn Farmer, Staff Writer

It was recently announced that Tomball ISD will be starting a Two-Way Dual Language Academy.

It will be a bi-literacy academy program model for native English speakers and native Spanish speakers. The students in the program will receive an education taught in both languages through the core subjects: math, language arts, science, and social studies.

The main goal of this program is to help students become bilingual, bi-literate, and bi-cultural. The students must be at least 5 years old on or before September 2019.

“I think this is an amazing program especially because I have a baby sister who will be starting school soon,” sophomore Alondra Juarez said.

The Two-Way program will also be available to incoming kinder gardeners who live outside the Tomball ISD are. It is set to start up on the 2019-2020 school year.

“I wish that there was a program like this for me when I was growing up so that I could have learned English a lot easier,” sophomore Jimena Huaman said.

Applications will be available beginning April 1 for the 2019-2020 school year and will be due by 3:30 p.m. on April 19, 2019. There are also three meetings that parents are able to attend to at Rosehill Elementary in order to gain more information about the program:

• Tuesday, March 26  (5:30 to 6:30 p.m.)
  • Thursday, March 28  (5:30 to 6:30 p.m.)
  • Monday, April 1 (5:30 to 6:30 p.m.)

For more information click here.