Kinchen in line to be superintendent

Microsoft Word - TISD CO huey kinchen as deputy sup rel on tem 1The Tomball Independent School District Board of Trustees announced Huey Kinchen as the lone finalist for the District’s superintendent position. Kinchen is the current deputy superintendent for Tomball ISD.

The announcement was made after the Board of Trustees conducted a thorough search within and outside Texas. They narrowed down a field of 34 applicants to make the final decision.

According to state guidelines for hiring a superintendent, the Board is required to give public notice of the name of the lone finalist being considered for a superintendent position at least 21 days prior to finalizing the decision. The Board plans to hire Kinchen in June.

Kinchen has worked for the District for 13 years. He spent five years as the principal of Tomball High School, five years as the assistant superintendent of administrative services, and an additional three years as deputy superintendent.

“It is an honor to be selected as the lone finalist,” Kinchen said. “I am looking forward to transitioning the District to the next level and preparing for the future.”

Prior to working in Tomball ISD, Kinchen worked in Humble ISD and Spring ISD. In 1976, he earned a bachelors degree in science from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He received his masters degree in education in 1985 from Southeastern

Louisiana University.

“The Board was looking for a visionary leader,” Board President John E. McStravick said. “We not only wanted a visionary leader in terms of instruction, but also in respect to facilities, staffing, programs, and finance. We are confident Huey is that leader.”