Class wars rage on as fish, seniors mix

One of the many annoyances of high school includes the never-ending bickering amongst the upper and underclassmen. And the very unfortunate, ugly truth is that both parties are in some way at fault for this.The extreme immaturity of some freshmen and the undeserved sense of entitlement among the upper classes are the roots of this ongoing feud. While not everyone in the high school has these issues, there are still enough to cause problems.

Many (not all) of the freshmen still have a lot of maturing to do coming straight out of junior high. But at the same time many (again, not all) upperclassmen are jerks to the fish just for the sake of being mean.

The problem with the upperclassmen is more of an issue with some sophomores. As soon as they get out of the ninth grade they automatically believe they are somehow superior to the freshmen. Some have the ridiculous way of thinking that they have the right to trouble the fish. After a year of being provoked by upperclassmen, now it is their turn to pick on the lower grades.

To put it in simpler terms, it is just an endless cycle of annoyance. And obviously for any upperclassmen that viciously attack freshmen, they share the same idiotic immaturity that they see in their victims.

Instead of torturing fish, upperclassmen should reach out to them and help them act like actual human beings. If they become a nuisance, then blow them off and let them move on to bother some other unfortunate person. Either just ignore the freshmen or help them, rather than just provoking them to a new level of aggravation.

That being said, problems with the more immature freshmen can result in bullying and continuing the cycle of annoyance. Some of them will continue acting like they are still in junior high, a move that practically asks to be picked on.

We need to remember that we are all in high school, and put less emphasis on grade level. Everyone in high school is preparing to enter the adult world.

Instead of fighting, beating each other down, and acting like morons, people should act like adults. Because after you graduate, everyone will be on the same level anyway.