Former student loses battle with cancer

Brandon Cook, a Tomball High School graduate of 2007, passed away this morning, after a batter with lymphoma, a cancer of the lymph nodes or the lymphatic and immune system.

His sister, Bethany Cook, graduated in 2009, and his girlfriend Brittany Roark graduated in 2006.

A memorial celebration for Brandon on Tuesday, with services beginning at 4:00 p.m.,followed by a reception with food and fellowship.  It will be held at Tomball Bible Church, 400 N. Walnut Steet, Tomball.

Some  have already been asking about flowers or donations.  In the summer between his 8th and 9th grade school years, Brandon asked his father  to go on a short-term trip to Honduras.  Over the years that initial trip evolved into a charitable organization called Heart4Children, Inc.  Brandon made at least one trip to Honduras each and every year.  Two of those years, Brandon spent several weeks each summer.  The organization works with Ninosde la Luz, a boy’s home, and in the local villages.  His love and passion for the people of Honduras and Heart4Childreninspired many of his friends to serve year after year.

In lieu of flowers or other commemorations, the family asks for donations to the organization and work that meant so much to Brandon over the last eight years of his life.

You may make a donation by check by sending it to Heart4Children, Inc. P.O. Box 441587 Houston, Texas 77244-1587 Attn: Marie Voelkel.  Please indicate that the donation is in memory of Brandon Cook.

You may also make online donations via credit card or PayPal at this link: http://www.newheart4children.org/support.htm

To view a video of the Heart4Children, Inc. story please click on the following: http://vimeo.com/17124211