One step at a time

Jordyn Till conquers everything all at once
Ceylin Kustu
THS Junior Jordyn Till.

Life for THS junior Jordyn Till is like a wheel, constantly turning and turning. Jordyn puts in the early mornings, late nights, and all that comes in between in order to achieve her goals. In Jordyn’s busy schedule, she has theater practices, choir practices, and homework for her rigorous classwork all while trying to make time to be a teen.

Jordyn is set to play a nurse and be a part of the ensemble in the upcoming performance of the Addams Family. She’s been in theater for since Freshman year and has absolutely fallen in love with it. Jordyn first got into acting because she did cheer when she was younger.

“I love the feeling of performing on stage, but I wanted to be on the stage longer than two minutes so I decided to join theatre,” Jordyn said. “I was quickly hooked, it was so much fun and I’ve met the most amazing people. I cannot see my life without acting. ”

Theater isn’t the end of Jordyn’s school extracurricular list. She is also a part of THS choir and has found a passion for singing.

“I love the choir here at THS, the people are so great and I always have so much fun at every event.” Jordyn said, “My favorite part would have to be watching all the hard work pay off to create the most beautiful songs and harmonies.”

She most recently performed in the Patriotic show and had a blast.

“Singing in the Patriotic Show was such an amazing experience,” Jordyn said. “The Patriotic Show is something I look forward to each year.”

Outside of school, Jordyn likes to hang out with friends, shop, wear cute clothes, and read. She loves fashion and loves to explore and try out different outfits. Jordyn also has a love for traveling and has traveled all over the world.

“I just want to see all the beauty in the world and soak up every piece of culture and history,” Jordyn said.

Balance in life is something Jordyn is still figuring out. Slowly and surely as the wheel turns, the more she conquers.

“Balance is very difficult, especially this year as a junior,” Jordyn said. “Between the extracurriculars, AP classes and volunteer work I definitely struggle with sleep. The best advice I have is to take everything one step at a time. Make it through that day, test, essay, and eventually they all add up and it all pays off.”