Getting involved with THS

Finding a club to join makes school more enjoyable
Art by Lauren Nolen

Are you looking to get more involved in the school? Whether you might be looking for something to make friends or maybe something to boost your college applications, there is a club or organization for everyone at THS! 

• Debate: Learning to work with others, forming opinions and arguments, and respecting others and their opinions are all very important life skills. These are all things you will learn and discover about yourself in Debate. Interested? Go to room 1202 and talk to Mrs. Foldyn.
  • Deca: Deca stands for Distributive Education Clubs of America and works to train students on different career paths through academic competitions and readiness. Some of these careers might entail entrepreneurship, marketing, economics, and leadership. This is a club that is sure to stun college applications. If you are interested, posters are lining the halls with information on Deca. 
  • Ceramics Club: Want to create something beautiful and practical? From a welcoming community to making personalized art pieces, ceramics could be the place for you. If you are interested, go to room 1310 and talk with Mrs. Cunningham.
  • HOSA: Standing for Health Occupations Students of America this is an excellent choice for students looking into the medical field. HOSA teaches students leadership qualities and prepares them for different aspects of healthcare occupations. If you think HOSA might be for you, go to room 1340 and talk with Mrs. Cox. 
  • Film Club: Are you interested in editing, filming/directing, script writing, or acting? Film club is a great choice. The club works towards creating short films and movies to send into UIL competitions. If you have any other questions go to room 1201 and talk to Mr. Fordyce.

There are a ton of other clubs, and it’s not difficult to create a new one. If you have any special interests that you would like to pursue, chances are THS has a club to offer for it.