Time and place for every app

Take a look on what is happening in the world today. Local news seems outdated compared to the News Feed. Time with family in the evening is deemed ridiculous when you could be slicing fruit on a small screen. Walking your dog seems out of the question when there are birds to be flung.

Apps and technology are not a bad thing and anyone can enjoy them at some point, but it feels like everyone is losing touch with reality.

Although, disengaging is great every now and then, we shouldn’t rely on these games and brain-drains to completely absorb our time and consciousness and relieve stress 100% of the time.

Some Americans are spending 30 or more hours a week obliterating those greedy little pigs in Angry Birds. Some say it’s good to work on your “depth-perception and an understanding of basic physics.”  Students should test  physics by dropping that Iphone to the ground and watching gravity show us all some depth perception.

If slicing falling fruit is your thing, parents wouldn’t mind some help in the kitchen. Real vegetables are just as satisfying, and if you want to toss them up in the air, knock yourself out. Grab a friend, slice an apple together, just get off the phone for a while.

Everyone loves a prolonged game of Words with Friends, Hanging with Friends and killing time on the News feed while sitting in the DPS and we have all enjoyed some Doodle Jump when waiting at the doctors office. Nobody is complaining about the creation of these games, but there is a time and place for everything and surely everyone could agree that people need to be more mindful of that.

Red lights are no place to virtually run through a temple, and mid-conversation is not the best time to update your status. Think before you tweet people, think before you tweet.