Letters to the Editor

Dear Editor,
My question is one I’m sure you get often, but I am truly curious to why our male teachers and APs can have facial hair yet the students can’t. I’ve heard that it’s because then we wouldn’t be able to distinguish the students and the authority, but I think we all know that’s not true. Any guy in high school who grows his facial hair isn’t going to end up looking like a 30-something year old man. If they say facial hair is a distraction to the learning environment then Mr. Quinn’s facial hair is really keeping me from learning, perhaps he should shave his face.

Sincerely,
Sarah Temperilli

Dear Editor,
Our cheerleaders are so unacceptable in their attire. Their shirts are too small, their tops too tight, and the way they parade up and down the sideline is far from G-rated. This is also a distraction from the game; fans should be watching the great football game. Quite frankly, it sickens me that our great city of Tomball would allow such a sexually suggestive act as this.

Sincerely,
Jameson J. Johnson

Dear Editor,
I speak for the school band when I say that finding cars on the practice parking lot is annoying. We just want to be able to practice and make our show better, but we can’t do that with people parking on the field. Yes, I realize that we can just ask the owners to move their cars, but that wastes time that could be used perfecting the show. We do not appreciate the mock refusals to move the cars, because that just wastes even more time. Even if someone refuses to move their car, we can have the vehicle legally towed. This is because the field is our learning environment, and with cars there, it’s preventing us from learning. So please, either move the car when we ask or don’t park there at all.

Sincerely,
Mikko Llosa

Dear Editor,
I walked into a bathroom stall this morning and noticed fresh, red paint covering all of last year’s writings on the stall doors…then I quickly noticed new writing had already popped up. It makes me disappointed to see this vandalism and disrespect of our beautiful school. A common thing written is “Tomball sucks” or “I hate this school,” and you know what I have to say to these people? If it sucks, it’s because of you. Maybe you should take pride in what we have and take care of it instead of destroying it with your unsolicited opinions. I don’t care if you think “Tomball sucks” and I sure don’t want to read about it when I’m trying to pee … although it is funny when you make a grammar or spelling mistake. It makes you look just that much more stupid.

Sincerely,
Jaycee Galloway

Dear Editor,
I fail to see the harm in moving your car during sixth or seventh period to a closer parking spot if you have senior release. According to our parking lot attendant, “That’s a 10-day D-hall.” By choice we are staying at school longer, detention shouldn’t be a punishment for our desire to learn longer. “What would this parking lot look like if everyone did that?” he claims. Well, not everyone is going to get out of school and just stay there for an extra hour, we’re talking about a max of 300 kids, maybe. Secondly, it’d be a lot less crowded, an inevitable problem at the school these days. Moving your car to a closer parking spot is a student’s attempt to move his motivation of knowledge, and there shouldn’t be a punishment for that.

Sincerely,
Hunter Wrobleske

Dear Editor,
I am so glad Tomball High School has a dress code, unlike other schools around the Houston area. Having a dress code like our school has shows great respect to our school board and throughout our community. We should be privileged to have everyone looking clean, shaved, and no one with their pants under their waists. To be the “Pride of Texas” we not only have to act the part, we also have to look it!

Sincerely,
Kevin Fenske

Dear Editor,
Homework has been an issue year-to-year in high school, especially to those who are heavily involved in PAP or AP/DC classes and activities or sports after school. The teacher just does whatever they can in their specific time. Some give a crazy amount of homework, some give quizzes and tests frequently. The point is that teacher should think how the students can do all of that. I think the teachers should have some kind of connection system in which they can see how much each other give homework to their students.

Sincerely,
Hiep Nguyen