Prestige should do the right thing

Senior year is the year when school is supposed to be filled with exciting things to get ready for, but due to a certain company, Prestige Portraits to be exact, seniors are having to worry about whether they were cheated out of their money.

Prestige began charging seniors $20 or more for their yearbook photos, telling students they had to purchase a small package to get a yearbook portrait that is supposed to be free. Now, $20 might not sound like much, but with senior shirts, prom, homecoming, senior pictures and other things, that money really adds up.

Some might say that the company or its workers just didn’t know better, but the fact that the high school pays for the pictures is nothing new. Prestige is owned by Lifetouch Photos, which also has the lucrative contract to take all of the ID photos on campus, so why take money from hardworking students and parents who are willingly using your service and could easily go to another? No one knows, apparently not even the company itself.

The school is not letting this go unrecognized. Principal Quinn has been demanding that they come to the school and/or give out refunds; still no response from the company. Prestige needs to step up for their “mistake” and accept the fact they screwed up and got caught. Unless they give a proper apology not only to the seniors, but to the school, Tomball High School needs to consider another company.

All that’s being asked is that they do the right thing, and if not, Tomball should take its business elsewhere so that this will never happen again.

MAIN STORY: Portrait of a scandal