UPDATE: More bad weather on tap?

UPDATE (1/27/14, 7:09 a.m.): More bad weather is moving into the Houston area, and weather forecasters are predicting icy conditions again for Tuesday and Wednesday morning.

According to forecasts, rain storms could enter the area later in the day on Monday, and temperatures are expected to dip down to freezing at night. Tuesday, the high is barely above freezing, and the area could see ice, sleet or even snow during the day. Wednesday morning, the roads could again become dangerous.

No decision will likely be made about school until the morning. To stay informed on all the latest news, be sure to download the THS Student Media App, available for free on either Google Play or the App Store. A push notice will go out as soon as any decision is made on school closings.

The softball team’s scrimmage at Kingwood Park scheduled for Tuesday night has been postponed to Thursday, according to Coach Dunlavy. The JV squad will play at 4:30 that afternoon, and the varsity at 6.

***

UPDATE (1/25/14, 5:08 a.m.): Due to unsafe driving conditions, Tomball schools will be closed today. Classes will resume Monday.

The school district announced early this morning that classes have been cancelled.

***

Tomball may see ice and even snow Thursday night/ Friday morning. This possibility may lead to complications on the road for your drive into school Friday morning.

And for those of you hoping for a rare snow day, there is at least a chance of that.

Students can stay informed in the off-chance event of school cancellation via the TISD twitter account, local morning news stations, or receive a push notification from our news app. Students may also check back to the Cougar Claw for updates as well, or watch our Twitter feed.

Whether Tomballians consider the news of the possibility of snow or even ice a gift rather than a warning is arguable, but students and citizens alike are asked to take caution before heading out into traffic as there may be ice on the road Friday morning.